Bayern Munich chiefs have defended the squad from the outrageous criticism by the German pressThe Bavarians are winless in their four matches and were handed a humbling 3-0 home loss at the hands of Borussia Monchengladbach last time out in the Bundesliga.It means that Bayern have won just four of their seven opening games of the new league campaign and now lie sixth in the standings.Things only got worse for the German Bayern players during the international break following Die Mannschaft’s Nations League defeats to Holland and France.It marked the first time Germany had lost back-to-back competitive games since 2000.But in a hastily organised press conference today, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge came to the defence of Bayern’s German players.“It’s an important day for FC Bayern because we want to tell you that we will not put up with it anymore,” said Rummenigge on Bayern’s Twitter.Report: Bayern are held by Leipzig George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Bayern Munich was held to another draw, this time by RB Leipzig.Bayern Munich finds themselves in the unfamiliar position of sitting third in the…“We will not let this degrading, slanderous reporting as of today. We will protect our players, our coach and the club.“We are not looking for the blame on the media. If you do not play well, you deserve no praise. But we want a report of a factual nature.”Manager Niko Kovac, who spoke earlier today in regards to Saturday’s game at Wolfsburg, has had his own future clouded in doubt by the German media.But sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic declared that the board are fully behind Kovac.“I was accused of not publicly addressing Niko Kovac. For that, I have to clarify something. Why? We appreciate his work. We do not have to publicly justify ourselves,” said Salihamidzic.“This is disrespectful and outrageous, what happens here. I was horrified by the criticism of the team, I must say. I will defend them.”
4:51 Tags Since 2016, Netflix has been the first place to watch Disney’s movies with a subscription. That deal made Netflix the go-to place for the biggest US blockbusters of the last three years. The top two movies of 2017 and the top three movies of 2016 and 2018 were all from Disney. Netflix has been the place to binge them all. But Disney decided against renewing that Netflix deal as it plotted its own competitor. So starting with Disney’s 2019 slate of movies, all those films are destined for Disney+. But Netflix’s Marvel Defenders shows are complicated. Netflix has put out five original series based on Defenders’ characters in partnership in with Disney. This year, Netflix canceled three of them: Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. But the terms of their original deal could restrict Disney+ from any revivals until 2020, according to a report. At the same time, Netflix still has subsequent seasons of other Defenders series — Jessica Jones and The Punisher — set to come out in 2019. So some of the Defenders gang is staying at Netflix for the time being. Marvel, like Star Wars’ Lucasfilm and Pixar, are part of Disney. They’ll all be packaged into the new streaming service. The service will also include its own exclusive originals. They’ll include a live-action, big-budget Star Wars TV series called The Mandalorian, being developed by Jon Favreau; a Star Wars Rogue One prequel TV series, starring Diego Luna, and a live-action Marvel series focused on Avengers character Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston. First published Dec. 18 at 10:16 a.m. PT. Update on Dec. 19 at 8:01 a.m. PT: Adds more context. CNET’s Holiday Gift Guide: The place to find the best tech gifts for 2018.Culture: Your hub for everything from film and television to music, comics, toys and sports. Share your voice Netflix canceled its original production of Marvel’s Daredevil last month. Nicole Rivelli/Netflix Maybe Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage will live to fight another day. Kevin Mayer, the Disney executive in charge of the company’s planned Netflix-rival streaming service called Disney+, said he’d consider reviving the programs, according to an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “We haven’t yet discussed that, but I would say that’s a possibility,” he said of resurrecting the canceled series he called “very high-quality shows.” Netflix declined to comment. Disney, which is taking over major parts of 21st Century Fox, is aiming to build a Hollywood fortress with the resources to battle deep-pocketed tech-media companies like Netflix. Disney’s plan to launch a competing streaming service has turned the company’s relationship with Netflix on its head. After this year, Disney will mostly disappear from Netflix. Every Stan Lee Marvel movie cameo 27 Comments Marvel Disney Netflix TV and Movies Digital Media Now playing: Watch this:
More From Roadshow Electric Cars Tesla Model 3 barrels through the snow in Track Mode 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous 3 Tesla The other update is Sentry Mode, which is intended to provide a little more security when a Tesla is parked. When the car is set to Sentry Mode, it will display a warning on the car’s infotainment system if a “minimal threat” is detected. For a more severe security issue, such as someone breaking a window, Sentry Mode will sound the car’s alarm and begin playing music through the audio system at full volume, as well as alerting the car’s owner via the Tesla smartphone app. (Tesla doesn’t specify what music will be played, but hopefully it’s something loud and attention-getting, rather than, say, soothing classical.)In addition, when Sentry Mode is triggered, the car will retain recorded footage from its built-in cameras for the 10-minute period prior to the alarm activation. The footage can be downloaded onto a USB stick, presumably for sharing with your insurance agency or local law enforcement.It’s worth noting that Sentry Mode is not automatically activated. Owners must choose the option every time they park the car and want to use it. The software update is rolling out to Model 3 sedans today, and will soon become available on Model S and Model X vehicles built after August 2017.There’s one final safety and security upgrade that Tesla announced today. The car’s built-in dashcam function will now also record video from the car’s side-mounted cameras, in addition to the forward-facing camera. That could provide even more evidence for an insurance claim after a car accident, for instance. 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value Tags Comments 50 Photos Tesla is rolling out new software features designed to help drivers of its electric cars keep their dogs safe, as well as their vehicles. CEO Elon Musk had hinted at the arrival of the Dog Mode and Sentry Mode functions earlier this week, and now both offerings are official.Keep your furry friends cool and happy while you run into the store. Tesla Dog Mode is designed for owners who might want to leave their furry companion inside a car — while running an errand, for instance — without risking the dangers of overheating cars. To use the feature, drivers pull up the car’s climate control options, select Keep Climate On and choose the Dog setting, then set a temperature preset. The Tesla will then keep the car’s cabin at a safe temperature while showing a message on the infotainment system so that passersby don’t worry about Fido’s health.Running the climate control while the car is parked will of course use some battery charge, so Tesla says that owners will receive an alert on their mobile app if the car’s battery drops to 20 percent charge while using Dog Mode. Tesla also notes that drivers should check if there are any local laws prohibiting leaving a dog in the car before using the function. Dog Mode builds on Tesla’s existing Cabin Overheat Protection function, which can activate the climate control to prevent the inside of the car getting dangerously hot to keep animals or children safe. 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better Tesla Share your voice
The audiences witnessed the celebrated notes of the artiste playing some classic numbers. The concert embarked the legacy of the recently launched piano club while honouring the 2011 launch of this vintage European dining at 1911 Brasserie.From scintillating pianism of Liszt to the vibrant rhythms of Bartók, the heroism of Chopin and the dazzling finger work of Ravel, it was an evening of unabashed virtuosity. Lutchmayer performed some of the most daring and demanding music written on the Steinway grand piano at The Imperial. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Vijay Wanchoo, Sr. Executive Vice President and GM expressed, ‘It gives us great pleasure to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of our restaurant with an alluring musical sojourn, orchestrated by none other than Karl Lutchmayer. Classic western food with astounding live music makes Nostalgia a unique and retro European restaurant and our focus has always been to enhance its stellar dining experience.’He further said ‘Stepping towards luxurious and unique live concerts on Steinway piano, our effort has always been to bring to enchanting, influential and smashing recitals. We plan to organise many such great events in future as part of our recently launched piano club, sweeping the music aficionados with the ultimate and the unmatched.’ The evening concluded with a lavish spread of traditional European recipes from Nostalgia.
The obsession among Indians with anything that people in the West do, has to stop, says young and popular designer Masaba Gupta, who hopes originality gets a fillip in the country.“We, as a nation, are generally very obsessed with the West and anything that they do. Anything that’s a fad, be it in garments or make-up looks, it immediately translates here,” said Masaba.The new-age designer, a former fashion director at the luxury label Satya Paul, says “People should speak up” against designers who blantantly copy others both from India and the West. “There are so many designers who take India as an inspiration, internationally and do such amazing things…I think people and the media should openly speak up about designers who are copying others because it’s very important that they do not give them that stamp of approval,” she added. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Masaba especially feels that Lebanese fashion designer Zuhair Murad, who is famous for making gowns, and national designers like Gaurav Gupta and Tarun Tahiliani, who have brought the concept of sari gowns on the runway, have been aped the most. She feels designers who copy “should not even get a place in fashion weeks”.“I think for the layman, it’s not plagiarism…for them it is a similar outfit. But people who are in fashion and people who understand it, should stand up and voice it out,” added the designer. Known for her extraordinary and quirky prints like the lipstick, cow and camera print, which have been one of the most copied print in Indian fashion market, Masaba said it is copying the silhouettes that bothers her more than anyone copying her designs. Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with Netflix“I get irritated when people copy my silhouettes…I do not get irritated when people copy my prints because that’s something I cannot control. It is very easy to copy my prints. You can just take a photograph here on the runway and replicate it in the next 10 days. You will have many fabrics in my print, but silhouettes is something original and that should not be copied. But I think designers should not copy the other designers’ style or print,” she said. Masaba, the daughter of actor Neena Gupta and cricket legend Vivian Richards, had launched her eponymous label in July 2009. Talking about how she came up with her famous quirky prints, the 26-year-old said: “I do not think I know anything else… I just know how to take objects, motifs, a certain theme and just turn it around and make it really fun.” Masaba feels that the youth “are biggest influencers of fashion today” and so she constantly tries to make something that can “define their style statement”.
Kolkata: A private hospital at Panchasayar was allegedly ransacked by the family members of an 83-year-old patient who died due to cardiac arrest on Monday morning. Later, police intervened and detained three relatives of the patient The hospital authority lodged a complaint at Panchasayar Police Station.According to hospital authorities, Radharani Debnath was admitted to the hospital on Sunday evening. Sources informed that Debnath was a chronic cardiac patient. Debnath was brought to the emergency with cardiac issues and septicemia. As no bed at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) was available, she was kept under observation in the emergency ward. In the wee hours of Monday, Debnath suffered a cardiac arrest. She was immediately put on ventilation. Approximately, after three hours she suffered another cardiac arrest and passed away. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal life”The patient suffered two cardiac arrests. The first was at 5.30 am after which we were able to resuscitate her but she needed ventilator support and a temporary pace-maker. We lost her after the second attack around 8.30 am. We tried to inform the family after the first attack but the phone number given to us was found switched off. We were able to reach them around 8.30 am after several attempts and told them to reach the hospital as soon as possible,” said Sudipta Mitra, Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the hospital. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedAfter getting the call from hospital, Debnath’s family members reached the hospital and found that she was no more. Immediately, they allegedly started hurling expletives at duty doctors and nurses. Later, some of them entered the emergency ward and started ransacking while other patients being admitted. Several computers, chairs and tables got damaged. “Around 25 men entered the emergency ward and started throwing the computers. They were trying to beat us and the on-duty nurses despite several critical patients being treated at that time. We somehow managed to get out of there and took shelter in another room,” said an on-duty doctor of the hospital. Panchasayar Police Station was immediately informed. Upon receiving the information, police reached the hospital and were able to disperse the mob. Later, three persons were detained. The relatives of the patient denied the charges made against them. According to Debnath’s daughter, Indrani Roy Chowdhury, hospital authorities did not inform them about the critical situation of her mother. “We were not informed about her health condition. She also alleged that the hospital staff had attacked and beat up her family members,” said Indrani. But the hospital authorities denied such allegations made by Indrani.
Amazon Go, the retailer’s automated grocery store, opens Monday in Seattle.The store, located at 2131 7th Ave. near the corner of 7th and Blanchard, will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and is intended to help speed up the shopping experience by ditching the traditional checkout.Just head to the Amazon Go store, open the corresponding app, and scan your phone on the way in. From there, you can stow away your phone and grab all the items you need. When you’re finished collecting your items, just walk out of the store. No more lines or registers. Amazon will then send a receipt and charge your Amazon account.As Amazon explains, the stores use “the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning.”First announced in December 2016, the store was expected to launch in early 2017. The opening was delayed, however, due to “technical issues,” The Wall Street Journal reported last year.Amazon Go is now apparently ready to accept customers; the store’s website teases a Jan. 22 open date for the 1,800-square-foot space. Inside, shoppers will find “ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made by our chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries.” Find staples like bread and milk, as well as artisan cheeses, locally made chocolates and Amazon Meal Kits.If you need assistance, Amazon says the stores will be staffed with associates who can help and make recommendations.The Amazon Go app will be available “soon” in the Apple App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, according to Amazon.Since announcing Amazon Go, meanwhile, Amazon has acquired Whole Foods and rolled out a pickup service for Amazon Fresh, also in Seattle. Amazon Dash Wand also scans barcodes to simplify shopping. January 22, 2018 2 min read This story originally appeared on PCMag Problem Solvers with Jason Feifer Hear from business owners and CEOs who went through a crippling business problem and came out the other side bigger and stronger. Listen Now