WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Public Schools’ 5th Grade and 6th Grade Bands held their Winter Concert on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 in the Wilmington High School Auditorium.Wilmington Community Television was on hand to cover the concert. Watch it below:—Video Playerhttps://objects-us-east-1.dream.io/wilmington/6/8/1/9/c/d/6819cd6b-e5c9-4c74-b29a-21f422f879931545254266.257%2B50036965.300%40castus4-wilmington%2B15453185441545316888440681.vod.720p.20181218_5th%20and%206th%20grade%20band%20concert.mp41.mp4Media error: Format(s) not supported or source(s) not foundmejs.download-file: https://objects-us-east-1.dream.io/wilmington/6/8/1/9/c/d/6819cd6b-e5c9-4c74-b29a-21f422f879931545254266.257%2B50036965.300%40castus4-wilmington%2B15453185441545316888440681.vod.720p.20181218_5th%20and%206th%20grade%20band%20concert.mp41.mp4?_=100:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.—Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank You To Our Sponsor: WOW Factor Auto Detailing Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedVIDEO: Watch 2019 Wilmington Spring Strings FestivalIn “Videos”VIDEO: Watch 2019 Wilmington Spring Band FestivalIn “Videos”VIDEO: Watch ‘The Back Track Band’ Perform A Concert On The CommonIn “Videos”
2 Earlier this month, the company said it’ll prompt European users of its Android operating system to choose their own search engine from 2020, after the European Commission’s determination last year that Google could be hampering consumer choice by demanding that its own apps and services must be the preinstalled, default options on Android phones. This saw Google getting slapped with a record 4.34 billion euro ($5 billion) antitrust fine, which it’s appealing.In the US, the Department of Justice last month said it’s opening an antitrust probe into tech giants, including Google parent company Alphabet, to examine their market power.First published at 4:11 a.m. PT.Updated at 6:45 a.m. PT: Adds EC confirmation about the letter. 1:49 Share your voice Google wants to make your job search easier Internet Services Google noted in its own emailed statement that it’s “worked with jobs providers” to improve its search function.”Any provider — from individual employers to job listing platforms — can use this feature in search, and many of them have seen a significant increase in the number of job applications they receive. Since launch, we’ve made a number of changes to address feedback in Europe,” a Google spokesperson wrote.”These changes include testing a new choice carousel at the top of the unit, which links directly to job sites, and linking directly to job offers when they only exist on a single site. Job seekers can decide which result or experience is most relevant for them.” Google’s 2-year-old job search service drew an antitrust complaint in the EU. Budrul Chukrut/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images Google faces another antitrust allegation in the European Union — this time focused on its job search service. A group of 23 job search websites sent a letter to EU competition commissioner Margrethe Vestager saying the search giant abused its dominant position at their expense, according to Reuters.The company launched the service in 2017, and later amped it up by adding information on salary and the ability to search for jobs by location.The rival companies alleged that Google’s putting a large widget for its service at the top of people’s job searches is unfair because it doesn’t have to spend any money marketing the service, while traditional job search companies do. They asked Vestager to temporarily order Google to stop doing this while she looks into its practices, Reuters reported.”We confirm we have received the letter and we will assess it,” a European Commission spokesperson wrote an emailed statement. Comments Now playing: Watch this: The wildest things Google owns (pictures) Tags 33 Photos Antitrust Google
Gold remained lacklustre even on Dhanteras as global weakness in the precious metal failed to offset token buying by jewellers and retailers on Friday, resulting in the yellow metal losing Rs 110 to close at Rs 30,590 per 10 gm. Silver remained unchanged at Rs 42,700 per kg.In the past one month, gold has lost almost 2.50 percent from its September 29 closing price of Rs 31,350.Gold prices have increased by Rs 4,360, or 16.6 percent, while silver has gained Rs 7,290, or 20.58 percent from last year’s Dhanteras, according to PTI.The auspicious buying of gold on Dhanteras did not lift prices, though jewellers were hopeful of bullish sales this year on the back of salary bonanza to Central government employees with the partial implementation of the proposals of the 7th Pay Commission and a good monsoon after two straight years of drought.Gold jewellers had pinned their hopes on these factors to see higher demand this year.”Diwali bonuses coupled with the increased purchasing power triggered by the 7th pay commission is expected to notch up the demand for gold this season. The wedding season round the corner will also have a positive demand on the growth,” Pratap Kamath, CEO of Bengaluru-based Abaran Jewellers had said a few days ago.”In fact, jewellery buying during this Dhanteras is expected 30 per cent more than last year,” he added.Crowds at jewellery shops could be telling a different story, suggests an IANS report from Mumbai. “This is despite the fact that the gold prices are around Rs 30,450/10 gms (per tola) compared to Rs 25,450/10 gms on Dhanteras last year (2015),” Mumbai Jewellers Association’s Vice-President Surinder Kumar Jain told the agency.Most of the gold jewellers are family-owned businesses in India, while a few are listed companies, such as PC Jeweller, Gitanjali Gems, Titan, which retails jewellery under Tanishq brand and Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ).On Friday, Titan shares gained 1.46 percent, PC Jeweller 0.30 percent and TBZ 3.85 percent, while Gitanjali Gems lost 1.13 percent. TBZ and Titan will be declaring their Q2 results on November 9 and 4, respectively.The recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission cover 47 lakh Central government employees and 53 lakh pensioners, of which 14 lakh employees and 18 lakh pensioners are from the defence forces.
Traffic are seen on Dhaka-Mymensingh. Photo: Prothom AloCommuters leaving the capital for home ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr are suffering as traffic appears very slow at key exit routes of the city.Police said the excessive number of buses on the Dhaka-Tangail, Dhaka-Mymensingh and Dhaka-Aricha highways are causing the Eid goers so much suffering.Buses on the Dhaka-Aricha highway from Jahangirnagar University to Nabinagar were seen moving very slowly.Savar traffic police inspector Abul Hossain said three vehicles broke down on the Dhaka-Aricha highway between Savar and Bishmai areas, causing long tailbacks.Vehicles are seen on Dhaka-Tangail highway. Photo: Prothom AloKonabari highway police officer-in-charge Hossain Sarkar said vehicular movement was normal on the Dhaka-Tangail highway. But, buses were moving slowly in some areas of Gazipur due to excessive numbers of buses on the highway.If weather remains good, holidaymakers could go home hassle-free, the police officer observed. Kaliakair upazila police station inspector Masud Alam said as many as 1000 members of police and community police have been deployed on the highways.He also told Prothom Alo that buses were moving slowly on the Dhaka-Mymensingh highway between Tongi and Gazipur areas, but no there were no tailbacks there.
ARA San Juan submarine in Buenos Aires. The Argentine submarine is still missing in Argentine waters after it lost communication more than 48 hours ago. AFP file photoArgentina’s navy was hunting Friday for one of its submarines, which has been reported missing in the South Atlantic with a crew of 44 on board.The navy said it had not had any contact with the submarine, the San Juan, for 48 hours.“We have not been able to find, or have visual or radar communication with the submarine,” navy spokesman Enrique Balbi told a news conference.The United States, Britain and Chile had offered “logistical support and information exchange in this humanitarian search,” the foreign ministry in Buenos Aires said.The TR-1700 class diesel electric submarine had been returning from a routine mission to Ushuaia near the southernmost tip of South America, to its base at Mar del Plata, around 400 kilometers (240 miles) south of Buenos Aires.The San Juan’s last contact with the navy command was on Wednesday morning, Balbi said.Argentina said it had launched an air and sea search on Thursday, involving a destroyer and two corvettes.An initial search in an area around the sub’s last known position, some 430 kilometers off the southeastern Valdez peninsula, provided no clues.Balbi said an initial search was hampered “because it was carried out at night and in bad meteorological conditions prevailing in the area of operations.”The three navy ships and two aircraft flying rotations had “already swept 15 percent of the search area,” Balbi told reporters.The vessel had not activated its emergency beacon, he said.The navy denied a press report that there may have been a fire onboard.Balbi appealed for caution.“I don’t want to dramatize the issue. We’re lacking communication and don’t know what happened,” he said.“There may be a battery issue, a problem of power supply,” the spokesman said, adding that navy protocol was that the submarine would surface if any power problems were detected.The San Juan sailed 10 days ago from Mar del Plata to Ushuaia. It spent three days there before heading back to base, Balbi said.Among those on board is Argentina’s first female submarine officer, 35-year-old weapons officer Eliana Krawczyk.“Let us pray that nothing has happened to any crew member. At sea they are all brothers, and a submarine carries more risk than a ship,” her father Eduardo told Todo Noticias TV.The San Juan is one of three submarines in the Argentine fleet.Sixty-five meters (213 feet) long and seven meters wide, it was built by Germany’s Thyssen Nordseewerke and launched in 1983.It underwent a re-fit between 2007 and 2014 to extend its usefulness by some 30 years.