WILMINGTON, MA — The Department of Public Works began site work for the Pickleball Courts at Town Hall (Palmer Park) on Monday morning and is expected to continue all week.On Friday, May 11, a crane will be on site for the purpose of removing larger trees. As a result, the basketball court and playground area will be off limits between the hours of 7am. and 4pm.In the event work is not completed on Friday, work will resume on Friday, May 18.Town Meeting voters approved funding for three pickleball courts at Saturday’s Annual Town Meeting.Unsure what Pickleball is? Learn more about the sport by watching this video from the Wilmington Recreation Department HERE.(NOTE: The above announcement is from the Town of Wilmington.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedTHE WAIT IS OVER: Pickleball Courts To Open At Palmer Park This Wednesday, September 26In “Community”Wilmington To Build 3 Pickleball CourtsIn “Government”NOW HIRING: Town’s Highway Division Is Hiring An Equipment OperatorIn “Business”
2 Earlier this month, the company said it’ll prompt European users of its Android operating system to choose their own search engine from 2020, after the European Commission’s determination last year that Google could be hampering consumer choice by demanding that its own apps and services must be the preinstalled, default options on Android phones. This saw Google getting slapped with a record 4.34 billion euro ($5 billion) antitrust fine, which it’s appealing.In the US, the Department of Justice last month said it’s opening an antitrust probe into tech giants, including Google parent company Alphabet, to examine their market power.First published at 4:11 a.m. PT.Updated at 6:45 a.m. PT: Adds EC confirmation about the letter. 1:49 Share your voice Google wants to make your job search easier Internet Services Google noted in its own emailed statement that it’s “worked with jobs providers” to improve its search function.”Any provider — from individual employers to job listing platforms — can use this feature in search, and many of them have seen a significant increase in the number of job applications they receive. Since launch, we’ve made a number of changes to address feedback in Europe,” a Google spokesperson wrote.”These changes include testing a new choice carousel at the top of the unit, which links directly to job sites, and linking directly to job offers when they only exist on a single site. Job seekers can decide which result or experience is most relevant for them.” Google’s 2-year-old job search service drew an antitrust complaint in the EU. Budrul Chukrut/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images Google faces another antitrust allegation in the European Union — this time focused on its job search service. A group of 23 job search websites sent a letter to EU competition commissioner Margrethe Vestager saying the search giant abused its dominant position at their expense, according to Reuters.The company launched the service in 2017, and later amped it up by adding information on salary and the ability to search for jobs by location.The rival companies alleged that Google’s putting a large widget for its service at the top of people’s job searches is unfair because it doesn’t have to spend any money marketing the service, while traditional job search companies do. They asked Vestager to temporarily order Google to stop doing this while she looks into its practices, Reuters reported.”We confirm we have received the letter and we will assess it,” a European Commission spokesperson wrote an emailed statement. Comments Now playing: Watch this: The wildest things Google owns (pictures) Tags 33 Photos Antitrust Google
The world-renowned Dance Theatre of Harlem (DTH) performs live, 8 p.m., June 20 at the Carl J. Murphy Fine Arts Center at Morgan State University. The performance is co-presented by the Reginald F. Lewis Museum and Murphy Fine Arts Center. This special performance is in conjunction with the exhibition Dance Theatre of Harlem: 40 Years of Firsts, on display at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum, and is DTH’s only headlining Mid-Atlantic appearance in 2015. Contact Mitch Case at (410) 243.3790 for more information.